Sunday, June 5, 2011

Easy Oven Omelet


http://www.thespunkycoconut.com/2010/05/easy-oven-omelet-gluten-free-dairy-free.html

Easy Oven Omelet


I'm calling it an oven omelet because it doesn't have a crust, and it's baked. Also, I know from experience that these oven omelets go really quickly, and one is never enough, which is why I always make two at once. It's just the right amount for our family of 4, with a small side of veggies, bread or whatever I have on hand.

For 2 Oven Omelets:

Sautee:
1 red pepper, chopped
1/2 of a red onion, chopped
3 cooked sausage, chopped

Add two very big handfuls of fresh spinach at the end, until it is barely wilted.

(Or use about 3 cups of any sauteed veggies or meat that you like. I often use asparagus, broccoli, and marinated artichoke hearts to name a few.)

Add meat and veggies to 2 greased pie dishes.

In a mixing bowl whisk (I use a stick blender):
7 eggs
1.5 cups coconut milk
1/2 tsp Herbamare Seasoning

Pour over your ingredients in the pie dishes.

Bake at 375 degrees for about 32 minutes.

Check out Kelly's website for her wonderful cookbooks!! (link posted at top of recipe)

No comments:

Post a Comment